Wednesday, January 23, 2008

QUILT CARD

Here is a quilt card I was challenged to do from my Mom!!! I was talking with her today and she said, Is that Quilt card from Debby M's blog hard to do? I said, Don't know, haven't made one yet -

So I came home and looked at Debby's BLOG, got the directions and proceeded to make this. The directions are from her blog I did not use any back ground stamps - but for more ideas check out her blog and Holly's.

This card was FUN and fast. I completed it in about a half an hour. The hardest part was picking which Designer Paper to use. LOL Then I asked my friend Danita when it was all said and done - Should I add some stitching? Because my motto is you always need to ADD one more thing! ROFL

Well Enjoy! The ingredients for the card are listed below the directions.

Supplies Needed:
Designer Paper - Card stock
Ink if you want to stamp a background
Any Little background stamp to match designer paper or image -
1 1/4 punch
Cut 3 squares at 1 6/8, Cut two of them on the diagonal.
Punch 4 1 1/4 squares
Designer Paper Punch out 6 squares and cut all on the diagonal.
Cut solid card or base at 5x10 fold in half and get the 5x5 card


Stamp your card stock with background stamp if you are not using DP.
Start in top corner of 5x5 card with a square, next a designer paper triangle, a triangle, designer paper triangle, and another square.
From here on out follow sample.
This one is real easy to make and turns out so pretty.

Cardstock: Ruby Red, Ginger Blossom DO, River Rock, Chocolate Chip cs, Whisper White
Ink: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Dimensionals, Paper trimmer, River ROck DS ribbon,
Stamp Sets: All in A Row, Lots of Thoughts

The stitching that is on the card I eye balled and drew in with a marker.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Lorie said...

This is absolutely lovely! Can I try to copy it so I can get a feel for this type of card?

Debby said...

WOW Chris you did a fantastic job on the card. Thanks for taking the challenge and making one. Love the colors and your verse in the center.
angel hugs
Debby