Monday, April 7, 2008

A Poem my mom wrote -

My mom wrote this poem and she does not typically write poetry so I thought I would share it here...

"Don’t Expect Perfection "


Don’t expect me to be perfect.
My debt was paid at the cross.
It is only my faith in what Christ did for me
That places me in His family.
I call myself a Christian because I am His.
I will never be perfect until I’m with Him,
Face to face with my Savior in the place He prepared,
No pain and no tears, evermore pleasure there.
So please don’t expect perfection,
One thing you may never see.
For any righteousness I have is His,
And He will forever love me.

By Pat Vetense

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty. Your mother sounds like a strong woman of faith. I can see where you get it from :). Praise the Lord!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Wow! Praise the Lord indeed.

:-)