Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mother-Daughter Weekend with Grace
















Last weekend, my 6 yo, Grace and I went to Lansing, IA to go to a Mother-Daughter Retreat at Village Creek Bible Camp. We arrived up at Village Creek Bible Camp around 7 p.m., set up our beds and got settled in. Went downstairs and climbed the rock climbing wall. Played a game of pool ( which playing with grace is hitting ANY ball in a hole or even just across the pool table with no target.) Then we played air hockey and Grace's version of Ping Pong, which meant you hit the ball anywhere and ended up chasing it. After that, we played throw the ball over the volley ball net...







We had the whole day for fun. Grace wanted to go on a pony ride, so we walked across the field to the horses. It was about 45 degrees out, with little sunshine and VERY windy! Brrrrrr. I had only packed a sweatshirt and a spring coat. Not nearly warm enough clothes. No hats or mittens. So Grace went on a pony ride and I sat and watched. Then we hiked across another field to the trampoline - there was a long line of girls there and we waited for about a half an hour, when Deedee, one of the girls we came with said she wanted to go do Archery. Did I mention it was cold and windy? So Grace left her place in line - which still probably had an hour to go before her turn, I was not heartbroken. We hiked across another field and down the road a ways, across a bridge down a very steep hill to the Archery and Paint Ball area. It took about 20 minutes for them to get her and all of the other kids set up with bows and arrows and explain the rules. Grace shot one arrow and was done. ARGH. So I shot the rest of her arrows. After lunch and I told Grace I needed to go to the craft room... The craft room - I was so excited to walk in and see Stampin' Up! stamps and ink pads - Grace made a picture frame and I sat and watched her. While Grace was stamping, I made a comment that she was very good at Art and she replied, "Yes, I know mom, maybe some day you will be as good as I am." ROFLPIMP... She cracks me up. Isn't she FUNNY!? LOL

She had so much fun. For me, it was nice to have that one on one time with her, but exhausting too. In between we did rock climbing, volleyball, pool, pimg pong, hiking, etc. Got home Sunday night and I was so tired I could hardly think. LOL It was a fun and exhausting weekend.... Thanks for reading this far!
Hugs-Chris

3 comments:

Debby said...

OMGosh! Chris she looks just exactly like you only a mini. LOL, she is so cute. Glad you two had such a good time.
Angel hugs

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh wow!!! It all looks like a whole lot of fun!!! What a blessing indeed.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of the two of you. You're both beautiful.