Sunday, July 6, 2008

UGLY MONKEY - oops I mean SOCK MONKEY

NEW from Stampin' Up! - this will be in the NEW catalog!!! Oh - one of the BEST aprts of the NEW Stampin' Up! catalog is all NEW sets will be die cut for you!

This monkey, in my opinion really does nothing for me. My friend Danita bought it, so we stamped together and she challenged me - so I extended the challenge to her to use this stamp set! I didn't follow her challenge very well, which was to use the sketch found here. So I have to make a different card this time to actually follow the sketch.

Here are the details:

Stamp set: Sock monkey, Canvas, Print BG SU

Cardstock and Ink (markers too!) Close to Cocoa, Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Pretty In Pink, Barely banana

Accessories: Corner Rounder, Paper piercing tool, Mat Pack, 5/8 inch Red Grosgrain, Cowboy Dew Drops (Sweet 'n Sassy stamps), Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

3 comments:

de said...

How cute! I had one of these little guys growing up and lost him. My mom was just talking about sock monkeys awhile back and then I ran across them again last week, now your card! I may have to purchase one of these little guys! Cute card!

Christi Flores said...

I think he's cute! I didn't purchase him because I didn't see me using it very much but I like what you did with him! :)

Karen said...

This is the one set I did preorder. It isn't really my style, but thought I would try it out. Too cute!!