Friday, August 1, 2008

Changes...

Hello Everyone-
I hope ya'll don't mind sharing with you some things that are happening...

With all of the changes that are happening for me and I know there are things changing for everyone, life feels a little stressful. As exciting as all of the changes are, the changes have been a bit over whelming emotionally. My list of changes that are currently happening could go on for half of a page, but I am not wanting the focus to be about me and what is happening in my life.

This morning, I woke up and came down a bit earlier than normal to spend some time alone with God. He is so faithful! He immediately reminded me of a book mark our Hands & Feet Team handed out a few months ago so I grabbed it and what an encouragement it was to me this morning! I thought I would share it with you as well...

Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob. (I always insert my name in the Scripture, to make it more personal...)
- God will reveal His will in His timing.
- The answers will not come until they are needed.
- In the process of change, things may look in disarray or even chaos for awhile until the Lord puts the pieces together to establish the new.
- Change can be hard for all involved.
- New people and processes do not diminish the value of what has come before.
- Everything has its season.
- Above all, God is to be glorified.

Isn't it great that no matter what things are changing in our personal lives, GOD always remains the same? He is always there!

Dr Charles Stanley said the following in a devotional...

People sometimes say, "The only constant is change." Fortunately, this isn't true.
There's One who never changes. Jesus Christ always remains the same. What a comfort for believers! But, it's hard to find refuge in someone we don't know well. So let's explore the Lord's actions to learn more about His nature.
Jesus forgave others. He showed mercy, not judgment, to those who recognized their sin. For example, Jesus had compassion on the woman caught in adultery. He stopped her death penalty with a few wise words. Then, instead of pronouncing condemnation, He said her sins were forgiven.
Jesus comforted the hurting. He visited Mary and Martha, who were mourning the loss of their brother Lazarus.
Jesus provided for needs. Mark chapter eight records Jesus spending three days healing all kinds of disabilities. Afterwards, He was concerned the large crowd hadn't eaten. He could have sent all 4,000 away to find their own food. But Jesus provided more than enough to satisfy their hunger.
Jesus interceded for His disciples as recorded in John chapter 17. Just before He was crucified, Jesus asked the Father to protect and sanctify His followers, including you and me.
Jesus strengthened believers and gave them power to do God's work. In Acts 1:8, the Lord sent His disciples out to share the gospel. He assured them, "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you."
Jesus still forgives. He still comforts. He still provides He still intercedes. And, He still empowers. What a blessing that we can find refuge in our amazing Lord!
(End of quote from Dr. Charles Stanley)

Thank you for reading this, I know it was LONG. I hope it was an encouragement to you today as well! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really well written Chrissy, thanks.

:)Marcia

Shelly Koskinen said...

Thanks Chris.

Anonymous said...

Wow...thank you dear friend for giving me a point of perspective this morning! To GOD be the glory! Noobagoo

Unknown said...

Great post, sometimes I need a reminder that God is in control even when I don't feel it. I have a lot of changes going on and it can be overwhelming at time, I just need to keep turning it over to Him for strength.
Christina