Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Testimony of God's goodness...

Sharing from my heart...
This past year, has held many ups and downs but there has been a heavy burden weighing me down. I have a habit of giving my burdens over to God and then grabbing them back, thinking "I" can manage them better than He can (HA! I only screw them up more!)
This weekend of silence and meditation on God's Word, God revealed some things to me. I have been living in some rebellion from hardening my heart in this particular situation - thinking in my head, "This circumstance is NOT going to change anyways (I was believing the enemies lies!) so WHY should I continue to do things His way? I am just going to do things MY way because I want to protect my heart from anymore hurt.
God reminded me in Psalm 46:1-5, NKJV (emphasis mine)
GOD is my refuge and strength. An ever present help in trouble. Therefore I will not fear, though the earth give away and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea (or my circumstances do not look like I think they should and do not seem to be changing)
These is a river whose streams make glad the city of God. The holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will NOT fall; God will help her at the break of day!
God is so good! The more I meditate on this verse, the more HOPE it gives me. You see, I am but a mere human and screw up things. I say the wrong things, even when I do not want to. In haste or hurt, things just come forth from my lips! I can not seem to control them . But GOD is there and He is my ever present help in time of trouble. He KNOWS me (and you!)
Psalm 139, NKJV For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me. 2 You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. 3 You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. 5 You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it. 7 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? 8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 10 Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. 11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,” Even the night shall be light about me; 12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, But the night shines as the day; The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

This weekend, a very dear friend shared an e-mail with me and it really spoke to my heart. One day, I will share my testimony with you but today...for those of you who may be hurting or needing to hear this, I wanted to share with you some of what the LORD spoke to me about this weekend...
The e-mail comes from the ministry of Jim Corbett, From Our Father's Heart, April 11, 2009 was the date of the e-mail. You can recieve these e-mails from HERE. I do not receive these e-mails on a regular bases, so do not know the doctrinal beliefs of this organization.
These are not my words, but his - the Lord spoke to me through them and I hope they will minister to your heart as well. I took it as a special letter from God to me...
Dear beloved,
I choose to bless you. I choose to invest in you, because I know who you ar ebecoming. You are valuable, not for what you do, but valuable because My (God's) value has been placed upon you. Walk with Me through the rest of your life. We will overcome everything that comes to hinder you and I will teach you what you need to learn. You will make it. That is my promise. I am with you.
-GOD-
Hebrews 13:5b AMP -for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]
When I think of how many times I place my value on what I do - or even more so, on what I have done - I forget God's perspective and His promises. What seems real to me during thoswe times is, in actuality, absolute foolishness. I praise God that He never changes. His promises are always for us. His devotion is always toward us. Thank you, Lord. By: Jim Corbett
Amen, is all I can say. Thank you, Lord for your never ending faithfulness and mercy to me.
I pray that this blesses your heart today and that the Lord will minister to your heart as He ministered to mine.
Have a blessed day!

Chrissy D

7 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Thanks for sharing Chris!
Our Heavenly Daddy loves us so much doesn't He?! He wants the best for us and He willing to give it to us, if only we would be willing to receive from Him daily! We serve a beautiful Lord who is worthy to be praised!
Abundant Blessings, Maria

Ceal said...

Thanks for sharing Chris and I thank God for answering prayers! I have been praying for you!
Our God is an Awesome God!

Jessica said...

Hi Chris,

I have been following your blog for a while now, but this is the first time that I will be leaving a comment. From following your blog, I have noticed we have a lot in common. We are sisters in Christ, we both homeschool our children, and we both love paper hobbies. I wanted to share a verse that I read almost daily that helps me...

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding"
~ Proverbs 3:5

Jessica

Marie said...

Thanks for sharing...I'm looking forward to reading more!!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

My dear sweet friend, thank you for sharing these words. It seems like I also have a hard time letting go so God can take over because my way is not the right way. Thank you for reminding me that He doesn't always give us the answer we want but the answer that is best.
Praise be to God for His mercy!
Big hugs!

P.S. I left a Friend Award for you on my blog, you have been such a wonderful friend to me!

Amber said...

Chris as always i enjoyed reading your blog and what you shared today is much needed not only for me but for a few others i know someties we do forget that no matter how big or what the problem is that Christ can and will guide us down the road to the end of it ! You are soo special and such a blessing please keep sharing your thoughts and your belifes ! I am doing the scipture challange and the word for the week was comfort and this is a verse that really stood out to me

2 Corinthians 1:3
[ The Rescue ] All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too.

Keep your chin up hun and always remember dont tell God how big your problem is tell that old problem how big and wonderful your GOD is !

Hugs

Sally said...

Chris,
Always enjoy reading your blog, but today this really spoke to my heart as I have been struggling this past year with several issues. Yesterday I told my hubby that I had finally let go and made peace with the situation, that I know all things are for a purpose. I still cannot understand the why or how come of the situation, but God finally gave me peace so hopefully I can now move forward with my spiritual like.
I have been keeping you in my prayers as I felt you were going through a valley.
Blessings,