Friday, May 8, 2009

Bloggers Challenge #98 - Dragged Madras


Hello! I am so excited...I am designing another stamp set for a summer release and I am loving how it is turning out! I am going to try to focus, but Dora the Explorer is blaring next to me, so I am having a hard time focusing. :)
Anyways, todays Bloggers Challenge is to create a Mother's Day card. I decided to use the Dragged Madras technique from Technique Junkies. I love this technique, it is FUN and EASY! Since I used (mostly) all of Stampin' Up! this also qualifies for an ALL ABOUT JOY card too. All about Joy cards are my feature on my blog when I use mainly Stampin' Up! product.
Here are the details:
Stamp Sets: Inspired by Nature, All Holidays
Cardstock: Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, So Saffron
Accessories: Oval Cutter by Creative Memories, Rounded Tab Punch, Dew Drops, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, Mini Glue Dots, Glitter Pen, Prismacolored Pencils
Well, Dora is winning out over my thought process...all I can think about is baskets and bananas and yum, yum, yum, yum - whew that was close! LOL So for now, I am going to go, you have a FABULOUS day! Check out the other Blogger Challenge participants on the left hand side of the screen. They always inspire me to do something different and amaze me with their talents!
Have a great day!
Chrissy D

26 comments:

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, love the flowers and the butterflies! hugs, moni

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Awesome colour choice and a great card - has a whimsical feel to it.

Happy Mothers Day to you!

:) Marcia P

Lisa Somerville said...

Great color combination - the Dragged Madras looks great here! Happy Mother's Day!

Basement Stamper said...

Very pretty color combination, great card!

Christi Flores said...

Oh how pretty!!!

Sally said...

Fantastic card. Love the madras look

Lisa Bohler said...

This is absolutely darling! I love this technique with these stamps!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful, Chris. Love the colors!

Joanne Travis said...

Love the colors here and the technique is fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Sooo pretty and that technique is just awesome!!!

Jamie Fisher said...

Great card! Love the butterflies! :)

Unknown said...

Stunning as always.

Ida said...

Oh so pretty! The plaid pattern look wonderful. Love the flowers and butterflies too.

Julie said...

I love the colors in your card. Very beautiful.

Lisa Martz said...

Very springy color combo. Such a pretty card! Great job!

Selene Kempton said...

Awesome technique. This is a stunning card! Great job!

Carla Harrah said...

So pretty. I love those flowers and your grid work is awesome too!

Rachel Hope said...

Very pretty! Love those colors!

Lori said...

What a pretty backdrop for the flowers! I really like the bright spring colors.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Very, very pretty! Really like the Madras background and your added butterfly detail!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so soft and pretty Chris! What a terrific technique! :D

Connie Fossenier said...

Chrissy a very different card using this technique...love it .and perfect with this stamp set.
connie paxman

Anonymous said...

Yours is a fantastic card!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous...love the madris against the flowers! Great job!

Ann said...

Love how you used the technique right under the image instead of being a layer behind....nice!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Great use of this technique! Looks so pretty under the flowers!