Saturday, February 20, 2010

Faux Turquoise Stones
























Hello! Happy Saturday! I never shared my weight loss yesterday, but I am down 2 more pounds! I am now down 49 pounds!!! One more and I hit the big milestone of losing 50 pounds! Woohoo. I must have dropped some more inches, because my husband NOTICED. He seems to go in spurts of noticing my weight loss. Either way - I LOVE the attention he gives me! LOL

Todays card is one I made a few months ago for the October/ November 2009 Technique Junkies Newsletter called Faux Turquoise Stones. I just LOVE the effect of these Faux Stones - and turquoise is one of my favorite color! I have seen some cards with this technique using different colors that are just as beautiful! If you haven't tried this technique - give it a whirl! If you have not tried the TJ Newsletter - it is WONDERFUL - step by step WITH pictures directions and not only that - there are SOOOO many talented stampers that will inspire you with their work! I just LOVE it!

I just LOVE the Stampendous Marble Texture Cube stamp - it has THREE different sides to add different textures - (I purchased mine from Joanne's but I saw some this morning on Ebay!)

Here are some more details to my project:
Technique: Faux Turquoise Stones
Stamps: Rub On from SU! Stampendous Marble Texture Cube, All in a Row (stitching) by SU
Papers: Black, White and Baja Breeze
Accessories: Heat Tool, Utee, White Gel Pen, Black Gems

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day and weekend.
Chrissy D

6 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

What a cool look with the faux stones..great card..congrats on your weight loss. I know you have worked hard to get there.
Take care and God bless.
Love,
Barb

Sally said...

Love the faux stones. One of these days I am going to learn how to do that! LOL

Maria Matter said...

oh what a fantastic technique! Gorgeous card Chrissy!

congrats on your weight loss, Wow!
blessings, Maria

Danni said...

What a stunning card! Fabulous job on the technique..gorgeous!

fitncrafty said...

Love that it's gorgeous!! Love it!!!

theneon said...

Wahoo! Congrats on the beautiful card and the use of the turquoise technique -- I've not tried that one -- but I live in Arizona so know what it should look like and you've done a fabulous job. More important, Congrats on the weight loss -- when hubby notices that is a real plus! My Thursday weigh was down 1.5 (but I think I put it back when I made my DH a cake today). Smiles to you Chrissy!