Sunday, May 2, 2010

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE Floral Mother's Day

Hello Everyone -
The past few weeks, I haven't had a lot of time to stamp for fun and work on challenges, that I normally enjoy. Since we Home School, we have had lots of opportunities to play with friends, go on extra field trips and we are wrapping up several of the clubs and activities we have participated in...

Today, I took some time to enjoy stamping for fun and participate in FEW challenges! The first two challenges I participated in are the BLOGGERS CHALLENGE and Our Daily Bread Designs challenge to make a Mother's Day Card. You can see the ODBD challenge HERE... The next challenge I participated in was Splitcoast Stampers Featured Stamper Challenge #169 - this honor went to the very talented Eliotstamps aka Michelle! The card I chose to case is HERE... I made a few changes that are listed here:

1. Colors and cardstock
2. Stamp Set and punches
3. I added organdy ribbon

Here is a close up...

Here are a few more details:
Stamp Set: Our Daily Bread Designs Sing to the Lord, Words by SU
Cardstock: Co'ordinations, Basic Grey, Neenah #80 White
Accessories: Scallop Punch, 1 3/8 & 1 1/2 circle punch, Xyron, Glitter, Dimensionals, Martha Stewart Punch, Burgundy Organdy
Technique: Sanded Co'ordinations from Technique Junkies Newsletter.

To see more Bloggers Challenge participants projects click on the side bar to the right!

Thank you for stopping by and looking! Have a great week!

Chrissy D

29 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful card, Chris!

Barb said...

Very pretty!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Really pretty card, Chris!

In appreciation for all the nice comments you've left for me, I have something for you on my blog....

kc_froglady said...

I really like this one - the colors are wonderful and lots of little details!

Grace said...

Oh wow Chrissy this is so pretty! I love the sing to the Lord flowers in the circles! GREAT layout and technique!

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Chrissy, this is really beautiful!!!
Hugs & blessings!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Chrissy, this is beautiful. I just love your use of the flowers in the circles, the glitz you added, your colors and your design. I am glad you had a chance to play with us at ODBD Shining the Light again this week. You rock girl!
Have a good day!
hugs,
Chris

Joan Ervin said...

How pretty!!!! Such beautiful stamps, colors and details....love the sparkle you added, too!!! I have several Mother's Day cards to make...yikes...I better get busy!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

How beautiful Chris! Love your use of these set in the 3 circles and the gorgeous sparkle! Lovely Mother's Day card!

Marsha Fisher said...

This is so pretty! The glitter cover over the flowers is gorgeous :-)

Lisa Somerville said...

Very pretty, wonderful layout, love the bling!

BarbaraW said...

Very pretty card. The images are beautiful and the glitter is such a great touch.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- I love the shimmer and love the layout you used! TFS

Ida said...

Gorgeous! Love the sparkle.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your Mother's Day card is so gorgeous. Beautifully created!! Enjoy this special weekend! Hugs, Gayle.

Tami Black said...

Ooooohhhh! So pretty -- love the different pieces created to make the whole -- there is so much gorgeous going on it is almost hard to take it in! Beautiful!

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous card, love the trio of circles with flowers in them! Happy Mother's Day!

Margaret Raburn said...

A beautiful card!! Love the layout, stamps, colors and papers used! Glad you got time to stamp! :)

Connie Fossenier said...

Love this card Chris...I can see some glitter...the color harmony really acentuates the three circles.
connie paxman

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is gorgeous Chrissy! Love all of the sparkle! Such a pretty design! :D

Anonymous said...

wonderful card--I esp. like the embossing on the flowered circles--TFS with us, Nola

Lisa Bohler said...

This is really pretty. I like the sparkles that you have in each circle! Way to meet all of those challenges!

Nikki Bond said...

WOW>....stunning! Love the shimmer! Happy Mother's Day! {SMILES}

tonistamps said...

WOW! I love the colors, the border, and the glitzy circles! Great card Chrissy!

Unknown said...

WOW!! So pretty and sparkly!!!

Jane Bosi said...

Great job!

Connie Babbert said...

Chris...gorgeous as usual! I'm always excited to see your creations!

MJ said...

Ohh, that is so pretty. Love all the sparkle!

Heidi Hihn said...

How did I miss seeing this beautiful card!! It is just lovely!