Monday, November 29, 2010

Grace, Hyena, Freddie the Frog and Me

Hello and Happy Monday! OK, let me start by asking... where did the weekend go? Holy Cow! I think every weekend Monday sneaks up on me faster. This week, is actually a quieter one for me. So glad all of the running around is done for awhile. I have a few shops to go to, to pick up gifts but otherwise, much of my Christmas shopping is done for the year. That feels great! Now, to decide what I am going to do for Christmas cards... lol You would think I have plenty with all that I create, but I like to do a family photo card for our family and loved ones...so this week, I will work on that!

Todays cards use I Brake for Digis. This first card was created by my daughter, Grace. We had a lot  of fun stamping together this weekend. Over at The Brakefast Club (a fun forum for I Brake for Stamps!) I host a challenge and this week was to create a project using INCHIES! I would LOVE to have you join the fun, if you like challenges, go HERE to see the challenge forum! 



Grace had a blast creating this card. She added so many fun details too... She used the Laughing Hyena from I Brake for Digis, and I typed up the Birthday Greeting using my Microsoft Word program. She colored the image using water based markers and added SU striped ribbon and some fun embellishments she had lying around.


My card uses this FUN frog. Freddie the frog originally was a male, but I added some eye lashes and some bright pink lips to "girl it up!" This digital image was lots of fun to color too! I added some Stardust Stickles to the crown and lips - avoiding the black lines! For the background, I used the BIRDS SHEET stamp set !


You can use my code SAVE10CHRIS to SAVE 10% too!


I need to get my day started here - we have school, laundry and stamping to do today! Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful week!
Chrissy D

4 comments:

Dawnll said...

Wow Grace is doing a spectacular job with the cards- next she will be entering all the design teams.
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and life will finally slow down.
Talk soon Chrissy

Cheryl said...

What fun cards! Your DD did an wonderful job!

Terry said...

Wow! Grace has a wonderful teacher! These are so cute!

Kristie Maynard said...

Adorable! Grace did a wonderful job on her card! And so did you Chris! Love this technique, must try it on some cards. TFS!