Friday, February 25, 2011

PAPER TEMPTRESS AND BLOGGERS CHALLENGE - SKETCH

Hello Everyone, HAPPY Friday! I have a few projects that I am sharing with you today! The Bloggers Challenge will be on this post too, so scroll down please!


I am thrilled to be the Guest Designer for The Paper Temptress this month! They are having a Design Team Call right now - so go check them out - HERE, if you are interested. I have to say WOW! SOOooo many WONDERFUL papers in that store!!! I have been ordering some papers here and there and sticking in my stash and have had fun pulling them out and playing with them this month.

You have to FEEL this Black Velvet paper. Such glorious texture and it feels SO good in my fingers, I barely want to use it... But truthfully.... What good is this SCRUMPTIOUS paper if you do not USE IT!? If you USE it, it will bless not only YOU but someone else too! It is hard to SEE the velvet - but my oh my!

Black Velvet (Touche Black)

Black Velvet

Black LeatherI also used the Cryogen White Iridescent and Black Leather (pictured to the left),

and Fantasy Silver Metallic Ribbon

Someone asked me the difference in this paper verses other papers - this is how I replied it is the TEXTURE and how it absorbs the ink and Ohhhh SOOO luscious and filled with SPLENDOR!!!

I used the Technique Junkie Newsletter April/ May 2003 issue and the Split Negative technique..



Stamps: Stamps from The SmART Works
Paper: listed above
Ink: White Craft, Black Memento
Accessories: Ribbon from The Paper Temptress, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Swiss Dots folder, Dimensionals, Scallop Oval punch, Lg Ovel punch, ZVA Pearls from Our Daily Bread Designs, White EP, Embossing Buddy, Paper Snips
Techniques: Split Negative


Now, are you ready for the BLOGGERS CHALLENGE!? This week's Bloggers Challenge is a SKETCH! Last month, I messed up and made these two cards and look!!! I remembered I had created them! Yahoo! LOL I only remembered because I had a few people tell me they forgot, so I have been WATCHING for it! 
BCsketchfeb2011

Here are the details:
I used the Technique Junkie Newsletter and the Sanded Whitewash technique from the August/September 2009 Issue
Stamps - I Brake for Digis Snowman!
Accessories: Creative Inspiration Paints, Aquapainter,  Circle punches, Tear Drops, 7/8 Stitched rose ribbon, Gesso, Sanding block, Paper Piercing tool, mat pack, Big Shot, Cuttlebug folder

Here are the details for my second card:
I used the Technique Junkie Newsletter and the Sanded Co'redinations technique.
Stamps: FROG from I Brake for Digis
Accessories: Dew Drops, Organdy, Dimensionals, Sanding Block, Big Shot, Cuttlebug folder, Creative Inspiration Paints


If you'd like to play along, please link back to THIS POST (On Lisa's Blog), mention you created your card for the Bloggers Challenge Embossing Challenge, and link your card below using the Link Tool.  Just a note on the link tool, your link should be a direct link to your challenge post, please do not link to cards that were created prior to the challenge. 
Other challenges I am participating in...


My Time To Craft -  Hats, 

Partytime Tuesdays - Anything Goes, 

Top Tip Tuesday  - Bling It On , 
Incy Wincy Designs - use punches or dies (1st and 3rd card), 
Ooh La La Creations - Pink, pink and more Pink (second card), 
Stamps R Us  - For the Girls (2nd card),  
One Stitch At A Time - Anything but square
2 Sisters - Embossing 1st card, 
Fun with Shapes & More -  must include die cut/punch (2nd card), 

Craft Us Crazy  - Winter (2nd card), 

Do You Stack Up? -  - dots (1st card), 
Dutch Dare Card Challenge  - sparkle/glitter/bling (2nd card), 
Sassy Studio Designs -  - use a punch (2nd crd), 

Shelly's Images - Ribbon (take your pick!)


Stamp-N-Doodle  - ribbon, embossing and bling (3rd card), 



Delightful Challenges- use your scraps (patterned papers on cards 2 and 3), Splitcoast Stampers Way to Use It Challenge- Use grey!




Thank you for stopping by, looking and commenting! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Chrissy D

36 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

3 beautiful posts! don't know how you find the time for everything. The first card is beautiful, the others are so fun!

Lisa Somerville said...

Congrats on your GDT spot with Paper Temptress - beautiful Split Negative Card! Wonderful use of the sketch on your bottom two cards!

Basement Stamper said...

wow, you are keeping busy. Great cards, that first one is stunning and I love that little frog.

MJ said...

Congratulations on the DT spot! Good for you. All of these cards are awesome.

BarbaraW said...

Three wonderful cards. The first is so elegant. The other two are such fun. The snowman is adorable and the little frog is so kissable.

Runnergirl Creations said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a follower now! :) Blessings!

Miranda said...

gorgeous cards Chrissy all of them but my favorite is the black and white, it;s so pretty
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Ida said...

Awesome cards. First I do love your Black card - So elegant.

The BC cards are both adorable. Such fun and cute images. That frog really made me giggle.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

So excellent. Love your sketch cards as well as the black card which is so elegant. Beautiful artwork, Chris.

Shelly Schmidt said...

You are stamping like crazy- and the cards you make are all wonderful! Congrats on the guest DT- I love PT paper! Beautiful technique on the black CS, darling cards with the sketch challenge.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific cards Chrissy! What fun images! Love the way you added the ribbon! :D

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Chris
Fabulous cards,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
hugs Dianne xx

Lisa Bohler said...

Adorable work today! Love the work you did with the sketch! That frog cracked me up!

Unknown said...

Love your creation! Thanks for partying with us at Party Time Tuesdays. Hope to see you back next week!

Jenn
PTT

kim.mom said...

Love all of your projects!!! What a sweet snowman!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Us Crazy!!!

ddazzled71 said...

3 great creations. I love your take on the sketch particulary the snowman card. Thanks so much for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays this week.

Danie - PTT - DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful! And what a wonderful heartfelt sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with our ribbon challenge this week at Shelly's Images.

~Jeri~ said...

Beautiful cards!!! Hard to choose a favorite, I'll take all 3 lol Stunning work and congrats on your Guest DT spot!!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

Annette said...

What beautiful cards, congrats on your GDT spot, you're going to be kept very busy!! Thanks for sharing you creations. Annette xx (Incy Wincy DT)

JP Card Crazy said...

Both cards are adorable! Great color combos.

Janna Werner said...

I Chris, wonderful card, great style!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at DYSU this week! Janna

Vee said...

This is so sweet. Thanks for joining our Bling it On challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.
xx Vee

Stampin in the suburbs said...

That adorable snowman and cute frog made me smile! : - ) Very cute take on the bloggers challenge this week.

Ashley said...

What adorable cards! Thanks for partying with us at PTT!

~Ashley
PTT DT

Unknown said...

What a fantastic effect

kitten DYSU team

Unknown said...

What a fantastic effect

kitten DYSU team

WencheP said...

Love the black and white - fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Traci S. said...

Wow! So many cards! I have never made a card with velvet paper. Just velvet strips...like a belt. This is amazing! I love this technique. I will have to look it up again. It is amazing! And, your theory of using the paper we want to hold on to really hit home here! I promise to use at least one of my "secret stash" papers today to take action on what you said!


That frog had me smiling from ear to ear. Precious, and the sketch really seems like it fits the card, rather than vice versa! Wonderful job, Chris!

The snowman is so far from my frame of reference right now! It is 85 degrees here! It is a beautiful card, however. I love the colors.

Thank you for sharing so many treasures!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Anonymous said...

What cute cards you created for the skecth--love them both!

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous cards - all of them. The first one is fab - I love the effect you've achieved with the image.

Thanks for joining in with our 'Bling it On' challenge this week over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Tami Black said...

That darned frog makes me want to pucker right up -- what a darling image! Great papers -- now I want to feel that velvet -- I'll have to check this out! Fabulous cards!

Julie said...

Adorable cards. Your snowman is just so cute. Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy for our Winter challenge
Hugs,
julie

PCM said...

Isn't he adorable. I love snowmen and you have done such a beautiful job with this one. Thanks for joining us this week at Top Tip Tuesday.

Marsha Fisher said...

These are fantastic! Love the cute snowman, but the smoochy frog is my fav!!

Marilyn said...

Great cards... the snowman is so cute but I do love that little frog.
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.
Marilyn

Kym Weber said...

Beautiful cards! Love them all! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Us Crazy! Hope you'll be joining us for the next challenge!