Monday, July 25, 2011

DRESS REHEARSAL TAG


Hello! Today, I played along with the Splitcoast Stampers Clean and Simple Challenge! Todays Challenge was all about TAGS!


I used the Brushed Inks technique from the Technique Junkie Newsletter - Aug/ Sept 2009 issue...

The sentiment, I know... it doesn't look THE BEST - I hand wrote it...LOL I liked the words and didn't have a stamp that would be fit for the card, so I made it myself... So- Look Mom!!! :)



Here are some more details...

Stamps: Naturally Style from Susana's Custom Art and card Design
Paper: Blushing Bride, Espresso, White Storm cardstock from Mark's Finest Papers
Ink: Copics, Memento
Accessories: Espresso Twill, Glossy Tag, Paint Brush, Water Based Inks, Wild Orchid flowers available at I Brake For Stamps,
Techniques: Brushed Inks


Well, I am off for the day! It is noon here and my son informed me about 20 minutes ago that I am still in my pajamas, so I better go get ready for the day! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Chrissy D

4 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Love your coloring on this card! What a fabby image. I think hand written sentiments are the best but if you hadn't said it was handwritten, I wouldn't have known! There are so many "handwriting" computer fonts these days...

Tammy said...

Wonderful card Chrissy. Love that beautiful image. By the way, aren't we suppose to stay in our pajamas?

Linda Simpson said...

I love this card Chrissy and the sentiment is one I often use myself. Happy Crafting. :)

Traci S. said...

Hi Chris~

What a lovely card! I think it is wonderful! Your coloring is beautiful...as is the image! And, if we are to use our handwriting when scrapbooking, why not on a personal card? I say GO "for it!" I love their flowers and it looks great with this ribbon! I think this is a beautiful card for so many different occassions!

I am sorry I have been gone so long. I was very, very ill for over a month. I am just now starting to feel like I am regaining my strength. I can't wait to catch up on your blog. I missed being here. I wasn't anywhere on the computer!

He IS Able!
Traci S.