Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WHITE WASH AUTUMN



Hello Friends! Welcome to my blog! I have taken a little time off to recover. I am doing okay and the pain is getting better each day. I am getting squirrel-ly sitting around. I am so sick of sitting and watching television and it has only been a week! I am not a good patient. I like to be moving around and do what I want to do without worrying about restrictions!


Anyways - I have a project to share with you today!!! I participated in the Splitcoast Stampers Color Challenge today and the colors were So Saffron, Cajun Craze and Always Artichoke.


On the background piece, I stamped the background in Cajun Craze ink using the Open Plaid background stamp from DRS Designs. I then used the Simple Whitewash technique from the Technique Junkie Newsletter over my stamped card stock. I love how it turned out.


This image is actually a SNEAK PEEK that will be coming out soon from DRS Designs. I love this acronym!!! Such a beautiful stamp for your fall cards!


The accessories I used are Paper Snips, Ribbon, Dew Drops, Technique Junkie Newsletter, Mini Glue Dots, Embossing from Cuttlebug, Big Shot 


Here are a few challenges I am entering...


Crafty Boots - Anything Goes Make it Monday - always Anything Goes Woodware USA -  Anything Goes Aly's Sunday Challenge -  Bows Pile It On - "B is for.."  bows Catch The Bug -  September Anythings Goes Sweet Stampin -  must Stamp - Anything but Birthday Clearly Inspired -  patterned papers Show and Tell - Anything goes  

I am off to rest some more! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!


Blessings,
Chrissy D

13 comments:

Dani said...

Lady! You're supposed to be recovering! Rest, dang it! :)

Love the card, very pretty. I'm so ready for fall!

NanaConnie said...

Love the whitewash on this! Why aren't you resting???

Erica said...

Love the card, very pretty.

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Fiona said...

lovely card, that's a fab stamp!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

fi

Min said...

What a neat sentiment and I just love the way you built the card around it! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Tamie said...

Oh do I love this card! Such a beautiful sentiment and oh the colors are so yummy. Glad I saw it at MIM.

Lisa Minckler said...

Wonderful sentiment and beautiful colors. You've knocked that challenge out of the ballpark. :D
Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 'Make It Monday.'
Good luck to you and happy stamping.
Lisa xx
Feel better soon.

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Boots. Zo x

Traci S. said...

Oh Chris! I hope you are ok! I need to continue reading the blog to catch up and see what has happened to you! I am stopping to pray for you right now.

Ok--This card is wonderful. I love autumn...and things of autumn...even though I live in FL and we don't have autumn...or autumn things...including weather!

I love the colors you used on this card, and the image is wonderful! Too bad it didn't say, "Thankful" for the "T", we could use it for Thanksgiving. I love how well your gems coordinate with the card. The section under the ribbon under the horizontal word trim is incredible...that is so pretty! I am guessing that is the part you made...or perhaps it is the background under the vertical word-autumn. Both are beautiful. The ribbon is a sweet touch, too!

Glad to be back to you and your blog!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

Crafting Misfit said...

Very pretty! Great color choices!

Thanks for linking up on Show and Tell this week!
Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
Stop by my blog anytime!

Amy Tidd said...

This is brilliant! Thanks for playing along with the first crafty boots challenge! Amyxx

Kathie McGuire said...

Beautiful, my friend!! Thanks for sharing this warm and wonderful card!

Dee's Craft Room said...

This is a lovely card.

Thank you for entering the first Crafty Boots challenge.

Dionne