Saturday, May 5, 2012

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER...

Hello Everyone - It is Saturday again! Isn't it amazing how fast each week goes (weekends too! LOL) Today is another fabulous day and the Sweet Stop Sketch team is sharing another fabulous sketch created by my friend Korin Sutherland!






I started my project with a piece of water color card stock. Using a water color brush and Twinkling H20's I did a quick wash over it to create a soft background then used a Heat Tool to speed up the drying.


I then ran the Courtship Embossing folder through the Big Shot and using the water color brush and the Twinkling H20's - saturated the card stock to add more color. I heat set it with the Heat Tool and painted the Luminarte SILK  Acrylic Paint in Vaboom Red as an accent and allowed the background to dry for a few hours.
While the paper dried, I painted the tips of the Wild Orchid Craft Roses with the  Luminarte SILK  Acrylic Paint in Vaboom Red so I would have coordinating flowers to embellish my card. 
I used the twinkling H20's to paint the adorable Guardian Angel collection available now at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. I used the cutie called Knowledge is Power Angel. I cut out a Circle Spellbinders and painted the border with the Luminarte SILK  Acrylic Paint. I then added a layer with the Heart Circles Spellbinders Die, adhering them together using Mini Glue Dots.


I used the ScrapPerfect Best Glue Ever to adhere all of the layers of card stock together and ScrapPerfect Best Cleaner Ever to clean the stamps I had stamped in Versamark Ink, sprinkled with Black Embossing Powder and heat embossed. Susana also has refills available HERE. I added a sentiment that came from a set from Unity Stamps.


When you are done looking here, please take some time to be inspired by the Sugar Babies creations: Cathy McCauleyMonika DavisJanice MeltonShannon White and Shelby Goolsby

Other Challenges I played along with: Stampin' For the Weekend - Layer Upon Layer, 2 Sisters Challenge - Anything Goes, Joanna Sheen Challenges - Flower Power, Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Spring Bling




Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!






Chrissy D

7 comments:

Shannon White said...

So Pretty and Sweet all at the same time Miss Chrissy! Love your Darling image and your custom BG and Lovely roses too! Just Fabulous!

Hope you have a Wonderful weekend Lady!

Hugs
Shannon

Cathymac said...

The background on your adorable card is amazing, Chrissy! Thanks for sharing the pictorial tutorial! Love the sweet image and the sentiment! Have a wonderful weekend!

jimlynn said...

So sweet and pretty and a wonderful way to do that background! Love the image and what a perfect sentiment too.
Lynn

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Chrissy. The background looks amazing! Neat technique. Love the sweet image all cut out. Have a fabulous weekend.

Rosietoes said...

Wonderful background and lovely card Chrissy. Thank you for joining us at the Joanna Sheen challenge blog.

Edna x

Janice M said...

Cute card! Love those roses you added.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a sweet card Chrissy! You did a great job fussy cutting that darling image out and love the pretty heart doily! Thanks for the inspiration!